You will probably have been swamped in the past few weeks with information about the new General Data Protection Regulations. Well, Footsteps Nursery is no different in needing to comply with the new regulations and letting you know what we are doing with the information we keep about you.
So here is our parents “Privacy Notice” to you. Please read it and, if you have any questions, please contact us using the details at the end of the notice.
Information about children at Footsteps Nursery
General Data Protection Regulation 2018:
This privacy notice contains information about what data we collect and store about you and why. It also tells you who we share this information with, the security mechanisms we have put in place to protect your data and how to contact us if you have a complaint.
We process personal information relating to our children and may receive information about them from their previous provider, local authority, the Department for Education (DfE) and associated professionals.
What do we hold?
Information about our families that we hold includes:
- Date of Birth
- National insurance number
- Attendance information,
- Contact details
- Relevant medical information.
- Early Years Foundation Stage assessment results (Internal transfers to LEA & DfE)
- Where children go after they leave us (Internal transfers to Cumbria County Council Early Years)
- Personal characteristics such as gender, ethnic group, any special dietary or educational needs they may have
We hold and use this personal data to:
- provide appropriate pastoral care
- Contact you or your nominated carers in the case of an emergency
- support our children’s learning
- monitor and report on their progress
- assess the quality of our services
Who will we share your personal information with
We have relationships with a number of third parties that we routinely share personal data with. This data sharing enables us to act in your child’s best interest
Our Data Protection Officer:
How long do we keep your data?
By law we are required to keep all children’s data for 21 years
We will not give information about you to anyone without your consent unless the law and our policies allow us to.
We are required, by law, to pass certain information about our pupils to our local authority (LA) and the Department for Education (DfE).
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights that you can exercise free of charge. In summary, these rights are to:
- Be informed about how we are processing your data
- Access to your personal information and other supplementary information
- Require us to correct any mistakes or complete missing information we hold on you
- Require us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- Receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to us or have this information be sent to a third party. We will do this by providing the information to you or the third party in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format
- Object at any time to processing of your personal information for direct marketing
- Object in certain other situations to the continued processing of your personal information
- Restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Request not to be subject to automated decision making which produce legal effects that concern you or affect you in a significantly similar way
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please:
- Email, call, or write to us (see ‘Get in touch below’)
- Let us have proof of your identity and address
- State the right or rights that you wish to exercise
We will respond to you within one month from when we receive your request.
You have the right to withdraw consent for us to hold data. However this could seriously impair our ability to care for your child in an informed way.
We hope that you are happy with the service we provide; however you do have the right to make a complaint with the Data Protection Officer; @ Westfield Housing Association.
If you want to receive a copy of the information about you that we hold we will respond within 4 weeks.
The security of your data is priority here at Footsteps. We have a team of professionals who ensure that your personal data is protected from loss, damage or unauthorised disclosure.
We do not intend to process your personal information for any reason other than stated within this privacy notice.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you, please contact us:
- By phone: 01900 872011
- By email firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Footsteps Nursery, Nilsson Drive, Westfield, Workington,
Cumbria CA14 5BD
If it would be helpful to have this notice provided in another format (for example; in another language, audio, braille) please contact us (see ‘Get in touch’ above).
Last updated: May 2018
If you would like to find out more about General Data Protection Regulation: